ARRANGING A FUNERAL
At Millingtons we believe that a funeral is a very special occasion- an opportunity to celebrate and share in the memories of a loved one’s life. Arrangement of a funeral can take place at a time and location most convenient for you. At this stage, we can talk you through the finer details of the funeral, listen to your suggestions and answer any questions.
During the arrangement process we try to ensure you have one point of contact. Millingtons is in a unique position to provide every option in funeral and cemetery services within a single company, meaning no extra phone calls. We’ll take care of every step, no matter where you are in Tasmania.
Details of the funeral to consider
Millingtons will take care of registering the death with the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages, and complete documentation relating to burial or cremation so that you can focus on the funeral itself.
We consider every funeral to be a reflection of an individual, and are committed to tailoring a service to your loved one. You might like to consider the following:
- Burial or cremation
- When/Where the funeral will be held
- Viewing of your loved one
- Religious or Civil Service
- Music, Poems and Readings
- Order of Service Booklets
- Selection of Coffin or Casket
- Family/friends involvement in the service
- A personal Eulogy
- RSL, Masonic or other organisations involvement
- Clothing for you loved one or items placed in coffin
- Any multi-media presentation (photos, music)
- Any online memorial or e-tributes
- Newspaper notices
- Catering after the service at Millingtons facilities; and
- Placement of ashes or monumental work for the grave.
There is a lot to think about, but Millingtons is always there to help. Our staff can help you with all of the arrangements. At Millingtons we believe a funeral is about the person who has died, but is for the living. It is a chance for you, your family and friends to come together to mourn the loss but most importantly to celebrate the life of your loved one.